‘The New Visitor: Who is the new visitor to the outdoors and how do we reach them?’ Webinar
Since the initial COVID-19 lockdown period, the number of visitors to the outdoors has increased. This has been apparent in large population surveys conducted across the UK and Ireland, media reports and anecdotal evidence from landowners and land managers. But do we fully know who these new visitors are to our sites and do we know how to reach them with effective messaging about exploring the outdoors responsibly? Using case studies from member organisations including Dartmoor National Park Authority, Forestry England, Leave No Trace Ireland, and Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI), and crucially, the perspective of Anthony Rawlins, CEO and Founder of the Digital Visitor, this webinar helps fill this information gap by exploring the following themes:
- Understanding the new visitor
- Opportunities and challenges presented by the new visitor
- Changing the behaviour (where needed) of the new visitor
- Reaching and engaging with the new visitor effectively with effective messaging
The webinar included 3 Breakout Room opportunities for Q&A with presenters.
- Breakout Room 1: Discussion with Anthony Rawlins
- Breakout Room 2: Discussion with Dartmoor National Park Authority and Forestry England
- Breakout Room 3: Discussion with Leave No Trace Ireland and Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI).
Watch and Share: The New Visitor Webinar
Please find below a recording of the webinar which you can now watch back and share with colleagues.